About the CMA blog
This is the official blog of the Competition and Markets Authority. We will use this blog to raise awareness and encourage debate and discussion of our work. We will be posting about various topics and we would like you to share your views with us and tell us about your experiences.
Our mission is to make markets work well for consumers, businesses and the economy. Improving outcomes for consumers is at the heart of everything we do. Our remit includes:
- investigating mergers which could restrict competition
- conducting market studies and investigations in markets where there may be competition and consumer problems
- investigating where there may be breaches of UK or European Union prohibitions against anti-competitive agreements and abuses of dominant positions
- bringing criminal proceedings against individuals who commit the cartel offence
- enforcing consumer protection legislation to tackle practices and market conditions that make it difficult for consumers to exercise choice
- co-operating with sector regulators and encouraging them to use their competition powers
- considering regulatory references and appeals
We want to hear about practices in markets, but we can’t respond to individual complaints or provide advice to individual consumers.
When posting comments, please observe our blog comments and moderation policy.
If you want to let us know about an experience you've had in more detail, please use our notification form.